Musso & Siddique Named Wisdom 2021-22 Teachers of the Year

Mateo Cabrera, Reporter

Principal Brantley announced on Monday that Stephanie Musso has been named the 2021-22 Wisdom High School Teacher of the Year. In addition, Nafisa Siddique has been named the Beginning Teacher of the Year.

Stephanie Musso is in just her second year teaching here at Wisdom, working on the branches of Advanced World History, World Geography and ESL World Geography. Born in New York, she began her career as a substitute teacher of Chemistry in North Babylon, after earning her Bachelors degree at West Virginia and a Masters at State University of New York.

“I was very shocked,” said Musso with excitement. “I could not have anticipated this coming so early in my career, but I’m very thankful to have been selected by my peers.” She emphasized that her love of teaching and how she likes to help students in many ways, has helped her to connect with them. She has always wanted to teach history, so that she can leave a mark with students and the entire school. Musso started a new program called Social Emotional Campus Learning with Principal Brantley, and she is also the Student Council sponsor.

Nafisa Siddique is a first-year teacher here at Wisdom, who teaches a CTE course called Business information and Management. Siddique brought her talents to Wisdom to educate and help students to become certified in those areas. She graduated from Bangladesh University in 2014.

“I never would have guessed I would have earned Newcomer Teacher of the Year,” said Siddique. She expressed her love and passion for teaching and said that she has been quite anxious this year about her new role. Although she had never done this work, Siddique has been nothing but excellent and a favorite teacher all around the school campus this year. Her efforts and her impact on students have earned her this recognition.

“We are thrilled to honor these two outstanding teacher leaders on our campus, and we are extremely proud of their work,” said Brantley. The Wisdom Chronicle congratulates both teachers.

Student Reporters Julian Cabrera and Tania Solano contributed to this article.