OP-ED: Houston Rodeo’s 2020 Concert Lineup – Not the Best They’ve Had

Courtesy: Houston Rodeo

Andrea Morelos, Reporter

One of the best times of the year in Houston is approaching – the Rodeo! Time for the shows, food, rides and much more! As we know, the Houston Rodeo always has a lineup of amazing artists to come and perform each night, after the rodeo event takes place at NRG Stadium. In the past the lineup has been pretty good, and people were happy about the entertainment options. But this year, is a bit different and people have some different opinions about it. Some like the performers, while others aren’t exactly huge fans of this year’s lineup.

Artists like Becky G, Chance the Rapper, Khalid, Lizzo and Marshmello, NCT 127 and Luke Bryan will be performing, and in my opinion this is not the best lineup they have had. Last year’s was a better lineup, because they had artists like Cardi B, Prince Royce and Zedd. Also last year, it just felt like people around Houston were more excited about the lineup. So I don’t think that I will be attending any of the rodeo concerts, because they are not really for me.

For students who are planning on attending to the concerts, I think the best days will be on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays as on those days, there will be no problem with staying out late. If you are attending the carnival only, then any day of the week will be fine. The point is to have fun and enjoy this year’s rodeo with your family and friends.

Lastly, if the carnival and the concerts aren’t really your thing, there is the Bar-B-Que Cookoff and Mutton Bustin’. There is also things for smaller children who can’t get on the rides, such as a petting zoo with different types of animals and pony riding. There is truly everything for the whole family, big and small!

This year the rodeo will run from March 3-22 at the NRG Stadium. Get your tickets and have fun!