Juniors: Unlock Your Future

Josselyne Ramirez, Reporter

Wisdom High School provides great opportunities for current juniors (The Class of 2021) to begin preparing for their senior year, and all that lies ahead. Genesys Works, US History STAAR Tutorials, and SAT practices are the most important events.
Genesys Works is a nonprofit social enterprise providing pathways to career success for high school students in underserved communities, through skills training, meaningful work experience, and impactful relationships. There is still time to become involved – please see Ms. Savoy for more info.
STAAR Tutorials help students review for the upcoming STAAR tests in April and the all-important SAT test is coming up in April as well. Juniors need to practice for this exam – which is defined as the Scholastic Assessment Test, now called the SAT Reasoning Test – is a test that measures the reading, writing and math levels of high school juniors and seniors. The SAT is the test many students take, that gives them a score as they apply to major colleges and universities.
One program you can use to improve your skill for the SAT test is the Khan Academy online. All juniors need to take advantage of these helpful programs our high school provides us with, and don’t miss any of these opportunities.