Students Need to Be Involved in Environmental Protection

Wisdom Chronicle

Students at Wisdom High School working in the garden area

Mara Nezami, Editor

Today we live in a world where pollution has begun to take away the beauty of nature and destroy the environment, especially here in the USA. It’s not our responsibility, but it’s our duty as citizens to help protect the environmental system, for the future of our children and grandchildren.
What are the biggest pollutions and how can we prevent them? To avoid damaging our environment, first it is necessary for us to understated the type of polluting we are doing. Based on information from the National Geographic Society, pollution is “the introduction of harmful materials into the environment.” These harmful materials are called pollutants, and they can be natural (such as volcanic ash) or created by human activity, such as trash or runoff produced by factories. Pollutants damage the quality of our air, water, and land, and every year 3 million children under the age of five die from pollution-related environmental factors.
Students and teenagers can have an enormous impact on the prevention of pollution. Recycling has been determined as the best way to reduce pollutants like plastic. If students take action and start recycling their plastic waste materials, and encourage their families and friends to reduce the usage of vehicles and private transportation by using public transportation, it will go a long ways.
Also, students can do their best to plant trees and help grow food naturally in gardens. It makes you feel great when you give back, and contribute to the betterment of our society.