International Baccalaureate Organization Grants M.L. Wisdom HS Candidate Status as IB World School

Students+at+M.L.+Wisdom+High+School+in+Houston%2C+Texas+represent+over+50+nationalities.+

Students at M.L. Wisdom High School in Houston, Texas represent over 50 nationalities.

Houston ISD

Houston ISD

Houston ISD

David Fanucchi, News Adviser

Margaret Long Wisdom High School of Houston ISD has been named a Candidate School for the International Baccalaureate World Program. Wisdom has been pursuing authorization as an IB World School since 2018, when former Principal Jonathan Trinh applied for the designation. Current Principal Michelle Wagner recently received the approval as a Candidate School.

These are schools that share a common philosophy: a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that M.L. Wisdom believes is important for our students. “We are on our way to changing the face of Wisdom High School, from not only a newcomer hub that changes lives, but instead a newcomer hub that is also filled with International Baccalaureate students who will help take Wisdom to an even higher level,” said Wagner.

Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.

The IB offers an education for students from age 3 to 19, comprising of four programmes that focus on teaching students to think critically and independently, and how to inquire with care and logic. The IB prepares students to succeed in a world where facts and fiction merge in the news, and where asking the right questions is a crucial skill that will allow them to flourish long after they’ve left our programmes. We are supported by IB teachers and coordinators who develop and promote the IB’s curriculums in almost 5,000 schools globally every day, in over 150 countries around the world.

For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org.