Are you Ambitious? Become a Member of the Wisdom National Honor Society

Shiza Ahmed, Reporter

Calling all students with vision and ambition! The National Honor Society (NHS) can help you make your life’s dreams a reality. NHS helps elevate a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921.

11th Grade Counselor Rebecca Savoy has been sponsoring the NHS since 2009 up to current day. She helps teach us of the benefits of being in this club and how it will help us get nationally recognized. With this in mind, it also looks good on college applications and resumes, and how you can give back to your community by volunteering in different programs — it helps you build a strong character.

As an NHS member, you can get ready for whatever comes your way after high school. Think of it as making yourself #futureready in order to help prepare you for your college journey and career.

“Through the National Honor Society, doors are open for scholarship opportunities that you can receive, there are leadership opportunities that you can have, but it starts first here, are you going to school? Are you passing your classes? Are you giving your best effort?” said Ms. Rebecca Savoy, “Cause it matters now, what you do now will effect later.”

There are requirements that makes you eligible to be a part of NHS. To apply you need to have a have minimum of a 3.5 GPA, be a junior or senior , and be ready to help out your community and participate in NHS as much as possible.

They meet every Tuesday at 7:45 a.m in the library. So if you’re interested in getting these advantages then sign up today cause the deadline is today!

See Miss Savoy in the counselor’s office for further information.