What’s it like to Work at Starbucks? Our Barista Explains

Starbucks

Starbucks

Starbucks

Sarah De La Garza, Columnist

Have you ever wondered what its like to work at Starbucks? The ins and outs at one of the fastest paced coffee shop in the world? Well let me tell you!
As a high school student at Wisdom High School, working at Starbucks, I can tell you from firsthand experience that it can be very difficult at times.
For example, the job forces you to improve on many different skills. Some of those things can include your memory, speaking, problem solving, teamwork and many others.
The biggest development for most Starbucks Partners is their ability to speak and make conversation with complete strangers! Even if you aren’t good at it before you start, working at Starbucks definitely helps get you there!
Another important skill to have for the job is a good memory. At Starbucks, you must remember the drink recipes. There is no recipe on the ticket when its printed, just the name of the drink and any change requests the customer might have made. You have to know the rest, or you won’t be able to make the drink!
Starbucks can definitely be stressful at times, but that work stress might be a stress reliever in other areas of your life. My team members have made working at Starbucks a blast. From my awesome manager, who never fails to check up on her partners, to my shift supervisors, who make learning drinks and actually working behind the bar the best learning experience, all the way to the costumers who I get to build great relationships with and have fun conversations.
Starbucks is more than just a job, it’s another home with a great family to support me when I need it!