Wisdom junior Sidra Hassan Wins Entrepreneurship Competition at Rice Univ. Leadership Summit

Hassan+%28white+shirt%3B+third+from+left%29+was+part+of+a+team+of+students+that+won+the+Entrepreneurship+competition+at+this+summer%27s+Rice+Univ.+Youth+Leadership+Summit.+

Hassan (white shirt; third from left) was part of a team of students that won the Entrepreneurship competition at this summer's Rice Univ. Youth Leadership Summit.

Submitted

Wisdom High School rising junior Sidra Hassan had a unique and highly educational experience for one week over the summer break. With the help of Alison Murray – the Wisdom 9th-11th Grade Career and College Counselor – Hassan was able to attend Rice University’s Sister Cities Youth Leadership Summit here in Houston. It was a week long summit where students were able to network and compete with other students from all over the world in various subjects. Hassan was able to live on the Rice University campus during the summit, and she and her group ended up winning first place in the Entrepreneurship competition.
“When we won, we then got to present our idea to a United States Senator at the Marriott hotel,” said Hassan. “I made a lot of new friends, even students from China and Ecuador. I had so much fun.”
Murray was exceptionally proud of Hassan’s initiative to sign up for a summer opportunity at such a prestigious university as Rice.

Hassan (right) and a few of her teammates

“This was a great opportunity for students here at Wisdom. It is really important to visit the College and Career Center in the library to see what other programs and opportunities are open to Wisdom students,” said Murray. “Sidra was a frequent visitor to the College and Career Center last year, so she was one of the first students to hear about this amazing program. I am so proud of her and her representation at Rice University and in the entrepreneurship competition!”