Michelle Wagner Named New Principal of M.L. Wisdom High School

Michelle Wagner - the new Principal of Wisdom High School

Staff Reports

June 20, 2019 – Michelle Wagner has been selected as the new Principal of Margaret Long Wisdom High School, as announced today by Houston ISD Interim Superintendant Grenita Lathan.
Ms. Wagner just completed her 17th year in education, including 12 years of service in Spring Branch ISD. Ms. Wagner began her service with Houston ISD at Wisdom HS (the former Lee High School) in 2014 as an ELA Teacher Specialist, and most recently has been serving as Dean of Instruction and Associate Principal.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to lead our school into higher levels of student achievement, producing scholars who are well-equipped for post-secondary success in a competitive global economy,” said Wagner.
As a member of the instructional leadership team, Ms. Wagner helped to develop and implement an effective double-blocked master schedule that includes in-school interventions, and a specialized ESL program to meet the academic needs of Wisdom’s diverse multicultural ESL student population.
Ms. Wagner has been a resident of Houston for the past 40 years. She graduated from Texas A&M with a bachelor’s degree in Psychology and from the University of St. Thomas with a master’s degree in Educational Administration.
Wagner takes over for former Principal Jonathan Trinh (2014-19), who recently accepted a position as a School Support Officer within HISD.