Wisdom English Teacher to Participate in AIDS/LifeCycle Bike Ride

Wisdom English Teacher Ed Garza with his bike

Lorena Alaniz

Lorena Alaniz

Lorena Alaniz

Alyssa Vazquez, News Editor

Wisdom High School Freshman English Teacher Edward Garza will be participating in the AIDS/LifeCycle Bicycle Ride, June 2-8 in California – a 544 mile ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. AIDS/LifeCycle is co-produced by the Los Angeles LGBT Center and San Francisco AIDS Foundation which has raised over more than $193 million in a span of 17 years ever since its launch in 2002.

“This is something I’ve seen over the years, and was always bit scared to get out there.” said Garza. “I cannot wait to support my community. It’s for a great cause, and the scenery on the ride down the California coast should be amazing.”
AIDS/LifeCycle has a commitment to provide the LGBT Community and those affected by HIV/AIDS free medical care, testing, and prevention services to yield a positive, life affirming experience. Two major characteristics about this organization are to raise awareness to end the stigma surrounding HIV/AIDS and the ongoing expansion of their community of activists, volunteers, and ambassadors fighting to end aids.
“This race would not be possible if it wasn’t for the generosity of my family, friends, and even some Instagram strangers,” said Garza. “Without their donations, I wouldn’t be able to participate. Each rider must collect at least $3,000 in donations to earn a spot in the race. Donations made by my Wisdom Co-workers Maria Watson, Bridgette Davis, Poonam Dominguez, Grace Chukwu, Fidel Andrade, and Shannon Forssman have all been matched by a corporate sponsor.”