The Wisdom Chronicle

• Spring Break: March 11-15

Five Wisdom Seniors Accept Academic Scholarships on HISD Signing Day

Wisdom Chronicle

Wisdom Chronicle

Wisdom Chronicle

David Fanucchi, Journalism Adviser

Five Seniors in the Wisdom High School Class of 2019 signed their Academic Scholarship offers and committed to major Universities on Wednesday, May 1 as Houston ISD held their first UIL Academic Signing Day Ceremony at Delmar Fieldhouse.
* Wisdom Valedictorian Ethan Song made his long awaited decision, and accepted an opportunity to attend Duke University in North Carolina on a full scholarship.
* Wisdom Salutatorian Mauricio Guerrero has been committed to Columbia University in New York for a while, but officially signed his full scholarship offer.
* Aaron Ni – among the top 10% at Wisdom – will attend the University of Texas in Austin.
* Victor Arreola – among the top 10% at Wisdom – will attend the Florida Institute of Technology.
* Cecil Anunobi – among the top 10% at Wisdom – will attend the University of Texas San Antonio.
All five students are members of the Wisdom UIL Mathematics Team that has captured the District 23-5A Championship in each of the last three years. The group has also won the UIL Regional Championship in Calculator Applications for the last three years, and was the runner-up at the State Championships in 2017 & 2018. The team will be competing in the 2019 UIL State Championships in Austin May 3-4.

About the Writer
David Fanucchi, Staff Adviser

I am now in my fourth year of teaching Journalism, Newspaper, and Broadcast News here at Wisdom HS. I assist my students in producing content for the Wisdom...