Meet the Wisdom “Dream Team”

Meet the Wisdom “Dream Team”

(L-R) Maddox, Jasek, Savoy

(L-R) Maddox, Jasek, Savoy

Wisdom HS

(L-R) Maddox, Jasek, Savoy

Wisdom HS

Wisdom HS

(L-R) Maddox, Jasek, Savoy

Contributors

As “Counselors Week” comes to an end, The Wisdom Chronicle would like to acknowledge the tremendous work done by our very own counselors here on our campus. These ladies have affectionately become known as the “Dream Team” due to their popular Twitter handle name. They can be followed @thedreamteamwhs. We asked them to each answer the same six questions for us, so that we can get to know them a little better.

Mrs. Lisa Jasek – supported by her husband Joe and her two sons Hunter (25) & Logan (22)
High School you graduated from & city: Tuloso Midway High School-Corpus Christi Texas
College you graduated from & city: Southwest Texas State University (BS) San Marcos Texas; Texas A & M University Corpus Christi Texas (MS)
1. What school did you most recently work at prior to Wisdom HS, and where was it located? If your previous position was not at a school, what line of work were you in?
West Oso High School – Corpus Christi, Texas
2. What makes you most excited every day as a counselor to work with the students at Wisdom HS?
Listening to students concerns, offering support and/or redirection, assist with graduation plan
3. What is your favorite thing about counseling and why did you choose that line of work?
New Challenge! Help students with graduation and career plans
4. What are your hobbies and what do like to do in your spare time?
Hunt, Travel and volunteer at Junior League and other non-profits!
5. What is your favorite type of food? What is the fuel that gets you through the day?
Bean and Cheese Nachos, Burger Sliders & and chips and salsa. Diet Dr. Pepper and Chocolate!!!!
6. Who are the musicians or the bands that we would find a lot of music on your phone? What is your favorite genre of music? Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dione, Frank Sinatra, Barry White, George Straight and Disco!! Texas Country and Classic Country

Mrs. Kadiatu Maddox – supported by her husband Henry Maddox Jr., her sons Henry (12) and Kaleigh (10), and her mom Beverly Vilts.
High School you graduated from & city: Robert E. Lee High School, Houston, TX
College you graduated from & city: Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
1. What school did you most recently work at prior to Wisdom HS, and where was it located? If your previous position was not at a school, what line of work were you in? Alief Taylor High School, Houston, TX
2. What makes you most excited every day as a counselor to work with the students at Wisdom HS? What makes me most excited is knowing that I can positively impact the lives of our students often times by just lending a listening ear.
3. What is your favorite thing about counseling and why did you choose that line of work? My favorite thing about counseling is watching the students evolve into young, responsible adults that develop a vision for their future. I chose this profession because I received little to no guidance from my school counselor and I wanted to ensure that students didn’t have that same experience.
4. What are your hobbies and what do like to do in your spare time? I enjoy reading and shopping in my spare time.
5. What is your favorite type of food? What is the fuel that gets you through the day? Boiled shellfish is my favorite food and I enjoy salty snacks and lemon Oreos.
6. Who are the musicians or the bands that we would find a lot of music on your phone? What is your favorite genre of music? Beyonce and Tasha Cobbs. I enjoy R&B and gospel music.

Ms. Rebecca Savoy
High School you graduated from & city: Worthing High School (HISD)
College you graduated from & city: University of Houston (B.A) 2006; Lamar University Beaumont 2012
1. What school did you most recently work at prior to Wisdom HS, and where was it located? If your previous position was not at a school, what line of work were you in? I began here when it was Lee High School.
2. What makes you most excited every day as a counselor to work with the students at Wisdom HS? To learn from our students and share life experiences and ways for them to overcome.
3. What is your favorite thing about counseling and why did you choose that line of work? To be able to lend a helping hand, or anew perspective to students.
4. What are your hobbies and what do like to do in your spare time? Work, go to high school games and support our students, Serve at Church and with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, going to line dance classes.
Cheese, Cheesecake, Strawberries, Fruit snacks, Queso, Marshmallows. Fuel that gets me through the day is Jesus, worship music, and being able to share with students.
6. Who are the musicians or the bands that we would find a lot of music on your phone? What is your favorite genre of music? Gospel Music, No favorites because depending on the mood, hour of the day or circumstance they all add to my day in a a variety of ways.