The Wisdom Chronicle

• Spring Break: March 11-15

Pair of NBA Stars Donate to Wisdom Basketball Program

DeAaron Fox (left) of the Sacramento Kings; Rashard Lewis (right) former NBA player

NBA.com

NBA.com

NBA.com

Angel Martinez, Reporter

Sacramento Kings guard De’Aaron Fox and former NBA star Rashard Lewis have each generously donated funds and basketball gear to the Wisdom High School basketball program.

Fox, who grew up in Cypress, Texas and was a first round draft pick, donated money through his family foundation to the Generals’ Boys and Girls basketball teams. The money has helped first-year Wisdom varsity boys coach Johnnie Trahan acquire some new equipment that our players have been using during practice.

Fox Family Foundation

Rashard Lewis donated his time and effort, giving advice to our young players here at Wisdom, and some new shoes for the players, so the basketball team would have more motivation and feel better while running up and down the court.

“Our athletes are very grateful and excited about everything Rashard and De’Aaron were able to do,” said Trahan. “It has given the players encouragement and some big aspirations to look up to.”

Wisdom Chronicle
The Wisdom Boys Varsity Basketball team on defense vs Waltrip; January 30, 2019

Trahan saw Fox come up through the ranks while he was coaching in Cy-Fair ISD, when Fox was a star at Cypress Lakes HS. Fox went on to play one season of college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats before turning pro. Lewis rose to prominence in the NBA as a scorer with the Seattle Supersonics, and was later a member of the Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards and Miami Heat. He was a two-time NBA All-Star selection.