It was a Super Saturday for the Wisdom Generals!

Staff Reports, Contributors

On most Saturdays during the school year, teachers and students are taking time to relax and catch a break after the long school week. But that wasn’t the case on Saturday, December 15 when some Wisdom students participated in several events around town. And it turned out to be a great day for the Generals.
In the morning, close to a dozen Wisdom seniors were at the Hattie Mae White Building for Houston ISD’s Dream Summit, for a day of college exploration specifically for HISD students born outside the USA. It was there that senior Lidia Sapon won a $500 scholarship to use at any college of her choice.

Houston ISD

Then later that afternoon, Wisdom Speech and Debate team member junior Daysi Hernandez entered the American Legion Post 416 Constitutional Oratorical contest, and took home the first place prize. Her victory made it three straight years that a Wisdom General has won that debate. Hernandez won a $1,000 scholarship and has advanced to the next round of the oratorical contest.
“I was really nervous going into it, but I felt like I gave a great speech,” Hernandez said. “I’m going to use the money to apply to Texas A&M, and I’m hoping to bet into their business school, and eventually I want to become a lawyer.”
Congratulations to both Lidia and Daysi for making it a great day to be a General!

American Legion
(L-R): Wisdom teachers Mrs. Tovar, Mrs. Iraheta & Mr. D’Amico surrounding Daysi Hernandez.