Chuma wins $5,000 Scholarship for Champions; Presented by NRG & Reliant Energy

Wisdom+Senior+student-athlete+Pasculine+Chuma+%28next+to+the+Bull%29+was+one+of+eight+scholarship+winners+presented+by+NRG+and+Reliant+Energy.+Texans+QB+Deshaun+Watson+was+on+hand+at+the+ceremony+held+at+the+Houston+Methodist+Training+Center.+

Wisdom Senior student-athlete Pasculine Chuma (next to the Bull) was one of eight scholarship winners presented by NRG and Reliant Energy. Texans QB Deshaun Watson was on hand at the ceremony held at the Houston Methodist Training Center.

Staff Reports

On Monday, November 15, Wisdom High School senior Pascaline Chuma was awarded a $5,000 prize check from the Scholarship for Champions, sponsored by NRG and Reliant Energy. Reliant is committed to recognizing top student athletes throughout the Houston Area. This scholarship awards eight $5,000 scholarships to high school student-athletes who have exhibited remarkable leadership in athletics, academics and community involvement.
Chuma – who plays Volleyball & Basketball at Wisdom – was 1 of 8 winners selected. The winners were invited to the Houston Methodist Training Center, where they were each presented with a giant check by Houston Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson, followed by a friendly game of flag football, as well as dinner at NRG Stadium, and then gifted with a free ticket to a Houston Texans football game.
“We are very proud of what Pascaline has accomplished both on the field and off,” said Wisdom HS College Success Adviser Daniel Rodriguez, who escorted Chuma to the ceremony.

Chuma and Wisdom HS College Success Adviser Daniel Rodriguez.