Red Ribbon Week: October 23-31 – Say NO to Drugs

Staff Reports

The Red Ribbon Campaign® is the oldest and largest drug prevention program in the nation, reaching millions of young people during Red Ribbon Week® It is an ideal way for people and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs. Wisdom High School will show our personal commitment to a drug-free lifestyle through the symbol of the Red Ribbon, October 23rd – 31st.

The following are the initiatives that we will be implementing:

1. Each student, faculty and staff will be given a red ribbon to wear on October 23rd-October 31st.
2. Neighborhood Decoration Competition: Theme: Life is a Journey, Travel Drug Free.
3. Individual Door Decoration Competition.
4. Pledge Wall- students can sign pledges to promote a drug free lifestyle
5. Spirit Competition- During lunch students will be able to show their Spirit and earn points for their Grade level. (Bragging Rights and a Spirit Award will be given to the Grade level with the most participation.)
6. NHS and P.E.A.R.L.S will create a cup display on the fence to let our community know we are taking a stance against drugs.
7. Opportunity for students to win a prize from Kroger and Everfi for completing a safety module and designing a visual to represent safe disposal of prescription drugs. (more details to come)

Red- Ribbon Dress Up Day( ALL are encouraged to participate)
Each Day is connected to a theme related to fighting against Drugs
1. October 23rd -Team Up Against Drugs – Jersey Day- Grab some friends, and represent your favorite Sports Team
2. October 24th – Outsmart Drugs-Nerd Day- Put on your nerd attire.
3. October 25th – My Future is too Bright to try Drugs- Neon Day- Get your friends to join you wearing neon colors
4. October 26th – Let’s Go to War against Drugs – Wear your Camouflage attire
5. October 29th – Tie One on Against Drugs- Wear a neck tie, bow tie, teach a student how to tie a tie, wear a tie in a tie-dye shirt!
6. October 30th – Voting for My Future is a vote against Drugs- Red, White, and Blue Day- Wear American flag or Patriotic Display attire
7. October 31st- Drug Free Across the Globe- Represent your Country day in Cultural attire.