The Wisdom Chronicle

• Spring Break: March 11-15

Wisdom Tracksters to Compete at Regionals

Edward Garza

Edward Garza

Edward Garza

Alyssa Vazquez, News Editor

Our tracksters will be competing at Paetow High School in the Area Track Meet in Katy, Texas where we have listed what events they will be participating in throughout the Area Track Meet.

Adriana Sadler (12) advances to the Regional Track Meet at Turner Stadium for the following events: Long Jump (17’ 0”) and High Jump (5’). This is Adriana’s final year here at Wisdom High School and has advanced every year to the Regional Track and Field Meet. “I am excited and honored to work along side her over the past four years.” said by Mr. Garza.

Kadija Suormo (10) competed in the 400 and 800M races in her first Area Meet appearance. We are excited and hopeful that Kadija will continue training to come back even stronger next year and takes on her role as Varsity captain, and advances to the Regional Meet in 2019.

Freshman Caitlyn Everson competed in the 100M Hurdles and finished strong. Caitlyn was the only 9th grader to advance this year to the Area meet and we are all impressed by her dedication.

Distance runners Awot Mehari, and Duot Ajang were unable to run their Area Meet races due to a conflicting soccer schedule. Both are strong athletes and are projected to start their Senior year off strong next year with the start of the Cross Country season.

A special thanks to Coach Tinsley, and Coach Dewald who have worked so closely with this program, in hopes of building a strong foundation for upcoming seasons.  We are all very excited to see what this next year has in store for the Wisdom High School Track and Field Team!

About the Writer
Alyssa Vazquez, News Editor

I’m a junior and the News Editor for the Wisdom Chronicle. I am also a member of the Wisdom UIL Academic Team competing in Journalism and Math. I was...