Wisdom Journalism Team Invited to Attend Univ. of Houston’s Valenti Impact Awards

Staff Reports

The Wisdom High School Journalism Department has been invited to attend the University of Houston’s Valenti Impact Awards as a guest of Temple Northrup – Director & Associate Professor at the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication.

The Valenti Impact Awards celebrate the students, individuals and organizations that impact the University of Houston the most. They highlight Valenti scholarship recipients, honor outstanding faculty and staff and recognize community partners who are integral to the school’s success. This year’s ceremony will recognize the legacy that the University of Houston has built for 40 years, and the the Jack J. Valenti School of Communication for the last 10 years.

Tickets are available to purchase for the event at: www.valentievents.com

The 2018 Valenti Impact Award Recipient is José Díaz-Balart – the anchor for Noticiero Telemundo, the Telemundo network’s Hispanic news program, as well as the network’s public affairs Sunday morning program Enfoque con Jose Diaz-Balart. Díaz-Balart is also an anchor on NBC Nightly News on Saturdays, and Díaz-Balart is also the General Director of Public and Community Affairs of the Telemundo network.

Wisdom Journalism Teacher & Media Adviser David Fanucchi will chaperone a small group of outstanding reporters and journalists that have contributed to the success of the team launching a Wisdom TV News program on The Wisdom Chronicle – Student News Website this semester, as well as his students that captured the Houston ISD District 24-5A Journalism championship for the second straight year.

Wisdom HS Journalism Team Members Attending Event
David Fanucchi – Adviser
Samantha Diaz – Individual District 24-5A Champion News Writing
Gaelle Elias – Producer Wisdom TV News
Astrid Escobar – District 24-5A Champion & Editor of WisdomHSNews.com
Sedrah Jamal – Individual District 24-5A Champion Editorial & Headline Writing & Yearbook Editor
Belinda Obasi – Reporter Wisdom TV News
Amari Sadler – Camera Operator Wisdom TV News
Alyssa Vazquez – Editor of WisdomHSNews.com
Vanesas Villatoro – Yearbook Editor