• Student Laptop Distribution (Sept. 11-21)

Classes of 2018 & 19 Visit Prairie View A&M University

WHS College Center

Sedrah Jamal, News Editor

As an eager group of students stepped out of the school bus, they were welcomed with the beautiful sight of nature; tall trees, blooming flowers, and bright, green grass. The top juniors and seniors of Wisdom had the opportunity to visit Prairie View A&M University on Wednesday, April 11 to escape on a STAAR testing day – exams of which they had already passed.

Panther pride was noticeable with the purple and gold colors shining through on the shirts of students walking around campus. After waiting for a few minutes, we entered the remarkable Johnson-Phillip All Faiths Chapel, where we were greeted by our tour guide Ms. Jefferson. Students learned about some of the history of PVAMU and got answers to their desired questions. They even learned that there is no walking on the grass around campus, out of respect for those who created the pavement to walk on.

We then started our tour, first visiting the freshman dorms and student center to give us an idea of what the community & culture is like at PVAMU.

“The campus was pretty and it felt unique. You get a feeling as if you were at home,” said senior Adrianna Sadler.

youvisit.com

After walking around and taking in the PV campus vibes, it was time to depart. The experience at PVAMU was an eye-opener for some and helped seniors prepare for life and expectations after high school. With graduation just a few weeks away, this trip couldn’t have come at a better time.

“It was a good experience. The campus had a nice culture and I would be willing to attend Prairie View,” said senior Erick Poz.