Wisdom Theater Wins District 24-5A UIL One Act Play Championship

The+Wisdom+Theater+Company+took+home+the+District+24-5A+UIL+One+Act+Play+Championship+with+their+version+of+%22After+Life%3A+A+Ghost+Story%22.+

The Wisdom Theater Company took home the District 24-5A UIL One Act Play Championship with their version of

The Wisdom Theater Company took home the District 24-5A UIL One Act Play Championship with their version of "After Life: A Ghost Story".

D. Linsey

D. Linsey

D. Linsey

Gaelle Elias, News Reporter

On Thursday, March 8, the Wisdom Theater Arts Company – led by Mr. Linsey – competed in the District 24-5A UIL One Act Play Championship at Milby High School, and the Generals took home the Championship after their performance of “After Life – A Ghost Story”.

Washington (right) won Best Actress

With the victory, they advanced to the UIL Bi-district round, that will be held right here at Wisdom HS in our auditorium on Friday, March 23. Senior Briana Washington won the coveted Best Actress award while her counterpart Senior Andre Sadler won the Best Actor nod. In addition, senior Shannon Arias was named to the All-Star Cast, and Alyssa Janine DeLeon won the Technical Award.

Sadler (left) won Best Actor

“I was surprised, and I feel honored to have been chosen as Best Actress,” said Washington. “I was not expecting it at all, but as I walked off the stage, I felt very good about my performance.”
Sadler was even confident before the play began. “Yes, I was expecting to win, and I was able to give my best performance. I think if we as a group just improve a few things, like our volume, we can advance even further.”

Arias, who plays the seamstress in the play, was excited. “I believe I can still do better in my individual performance, so I was pretty surprised that my name was called for All-star cast. We will be practicing during spring break to try and get ready for the next round.”