Start Looking Now for Your Summer Job Opportunity!

Alyssa Vazquez, News Editor

Do you happen to be looking for a summer opportunity? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. The College Center has recently shared the news of some outstanding summer internship programs that offer rising juniors and seniors the ability to work for at least seven weeks this summer, and earn themselves up to $8.00 an hour. The application period started February 19 and goes until March 16, and most of the opportunities begin in June.

There are at least 3 requirements that you will have to have meet: you must be between the age of 16 and 24 years old; you must live within the Houston city limits, and you must be eligible for employment. If you have any questions, please email [email protected] or you can also visit www.hirehoustonyouth.org to apply online.

Also, beginning in April from 10 am to 1 pm, you can visit the HISD Hattie Mae White Educational Support Center located at 4400 West 18th Street, Houston, TX 77092. They will offer on the spot hiring.

During the month of May from 10 am to 2 pm, you can visit Sterling High School located at 11625 Martindale Rd, Houston TX 77048 and on May 10th from 10 am to 2 pm you can visit the Ripley House Neighborhood Center located at 4410 Navigation Boulevard, Houston, TX 77011 – both offer on the spot hiring.

Other opportunities:
* June 2nd, from 10 am to 2 pm at the Houston Community College-Acres Homes; 630 West Little York Road, Houston TX 77091.
* June 9th, from 10 am to 2 pm at the George R. Brown Convention Center; 1001 Avenida De las Americas, Houston, TX 77002.
* June 16th from 10 am to 2 pm at the Southwest Multi-Service Center; located at 6400 High Star Drive, Houston, TX 77074.

And check out this amazing FREE opportunity at the Rice University Summer Business Institute:

Rice Summer Business Institute