• Summer Break: June 1 - August 26

• Class of 2018 Graduation: June 1 at 7 pm (Delmar)

Wisdom Journalism Students Introduce National Channel One News Broadcast

Wisdom HS Journalism students introduced the Channel One News Broadcast on Tuesday, Nov. 21

Channel One

Channel One

Staff Reports

Over the Thanksgiving holiday break, one of Mr. Fanucchi’s Journalism classes gained some national exposure when they were featured on the Channel One News Broadcast of Tuesday, November 21.
“We filmed the intro video the week prior to the break, and they ended up using it while we were off,” said Fanucchi. “But that was still OK, as we all watched the show the day we returned to school, and the kids loved seeing themselves and their classroom on such a huge stage.”
Fanucchi’s Journalism classes watch the student news centered broadcast every day, to write current event reports and stay up to date on what is happening around the country and around the world.
The video of their introduction of the news can be viewed here:

WISDOM HS ON CHANNEL ONE NEWS: NOV. 21, 2017

Channel One News (www.channelone.com) is an award-winning daily news program that encourages young people to become informed, global citizens. Every day, their newscast plays to more than 6 million students in thousands of classrooms across the country, and they are the only news program created just for young people – with young journalists, young voices, covering the news from a young perspective. Channel One News provides the appropriate context to understand how global events affect students’ everyday lives, while providing educators with teachable moments and a curriculum to use in the classroom.