• First Day of School: Monday, August 28

Negussie Earns Scholarship to Pomona College; Named Finalist for Coca-Cola Award (Video Interview)

Zohaib Malik, David Fanucchi

Michael Negussie, our Salutatorian (2nd ranked GPA) for the Class of 2017 at Wisdom High School, has been named a semifinalist in the Coca-Cola Scholarship Contest, in which the winner receives $20,000.
“If I am able to win the award, I plan on using the money to attend Law School,” said Negussie.

In addition to the Coca-Cola contest, Negussie has already been awarded a Questbridge Scholarship – a full-ride to Pomona College in Southern California – and he is a finalist for the Upward Bound Youth of the Year Award, in which the winners get to meet the President of the United States.
“I feel proud to have earned the scholarship and I am glad I can be a great role model for my younger siblings,” said Negussie. “And it is an honor to have been nominated by Upward Bound. I am very hopeful about possibly winning that, and having a chance to meet President Trump.”
On top of all of that, Michael is one of the outstanding members of our Speech and Debate team, and will be competing in the American Legion Oratorical Contest District Finals.

1 Comment

One Response to “Negussie Earns Scholarship to Pomona College; Named Finalist for Coca-Cola Award (Video Interview)”

1. Gloria . E on January 24th, 2017 8:40 am

Good job my brother.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Negussie Earns Scholarship to Pomona College; Named Finalist for Coca-Cola Award (Video Interview)

Student Life

Class of 2017 Graduation Ceremony Photo Album

Student Life

Senior Class Awards: May 23, 2017

Student Life

Class of 2017 Dances the Night Away; Cruz & Rodriguez Named Prom King & Queen

Student Life

Detailed Senior Activity Schedule Announced

Student Life

Team Urrutia Wins STAAR Wars Competition

Student Life

NHS President Balances Many Roles to Succeed in Life

Student Life

Coach Boyd Names 11 Cheerleaders for 2017-18

Student Life

Teachers Encouraging all Students to Take AP Exams; May 1-12

Student Life

Class of 2018 Elects Senior Committee Members

Student Life

What is with the Chicken Coop in our Courtyard?