Gregory, Watson & Delpha-Brashear earn December Honors

Mr. Gregory receives the December Teacher of the Month Award from Mr. Trinh

David Fanucchi

Rubi Garcia and Uriel Noyola

Principal Trinh announced the Wisdom High School staff honors for the month of December at the Faculty Christmas Lunch on Wednesday, December 14, and Mr. Kevin Gregory (History) was named the Teacher of the Month. In addition, Office Clerk Mrs. Maria Watson was selected as the Employee of the Month, while Mrs. Amy Delpha-Brashear was selected in a random drawing among all of the teachers who did not miss a day in November, to receive the Perfect Attendance honor.

Mr. Gregory was pleased to hear his name called to win such an award, and he couldn’t believe it. He felt that he couldn’t have won the honor without his US History Team of teachers and their department supporting him. “They are most of my support and strength,” said Gregory. “We are all dedicated to teaching students and helping them understand the concepts of our courses, and we all give it our best.”

Gregory hopes to achieve the same goal and be even better next semester, and the award has given him hope because it made him feel special and stronger. He wants to prepare his students for US History STAAR exam and have them all pass, and he plans to do this by utilizing the power of a teacher, to help educate the future.

Very happy to have earned the Employee of the Month, Mrs. Watson honored to have been chosen, and choked up when receiving her award from Mr. Trinh in front of the entire faculty. She promised to continue putting in the same effort to her work. “I’d like to thank all of the clerks for their hard work as well,” said Watson. “This is truly a surprise and I’m so grateful.”

Congratulations to these three staff members on their achievements!