Garza, Gopannan, & Coronado Earn November Awards

Mrs. Coronado was named the Employee of the Month for November, and given an award by Principal Trinh.

David Fanucchi

Uriel Noyola, Reporter

Mr Garza was glad to find out that he was nominated for the November Teacher of the Month award, but he was amazed upon hearing that he had won. This is his fourth year teaching at Houston ISD, and he feels that the award really shows that hard work pays off.

Not too long ago, he was a new teacher struggling with simple things like gradespeed and submitting attendance on time.

“Learn to trust the process, read books, observe other teachers, and to give it your all,” said Garza. “The students know when you are phoning it in.”

One of his favorite quotes is “Good teachers listen to others, but great teachers steal from each other.” He says he couldn’t have done it out with the motivation of his ELA team members.

Ms. Krystal Coronado – a general clerk for Mrs. Wheatfall – was in shock when finding out she had been named the Employee of the Month. She had expressed a surprised gesture at first, but felt like all of her efforts and commitment had paid off. Coronado is grateful for accomplishing such an achievement and hopes to win it again next semester.

“I think that if you work hard and put your head in the game, anything is possible,” said Coronado.

Mrs. Gopannan was chosen as the winner of the Perfect Attendance among teachers for the month, and she was proud to receive such an honor. She finds this award to be in return of all the early hours the teaching profession demands and requires her to fulfill, and is very grateful. “I feel joyful and glad to have been given such an award.”

Congratulations to the three staff members who received awards for the month of November!