Tailgate Party Caps off 2016 Football Season

Principal Trinh hanging out with Wisdom HS students at the last football game of the season.

Submitted

Staff Reports

Prior to the Mighty Generals’ final football game of the season on Thursday, November 3, the Wisdom staff, students, and Administration – including Principal Jonathan Trinh – came together for a tailgate party in the cafeteria, hosted by the ESL Program. It was a way to introduce the famous culture of tradition of high school football to the many new, incoming students that we have here at Wisdom.
More than 100 people attended the party that included hot dogs, soda, chips, and candy, before jumping on the buses and heading towards the stadium to watch the game between Wisdom and Sterling.
The Starlette Dance Team, Wisdom Cheerleaders, and the Band were all there to cheer on the Generals, as well as the JROTC squads and students in uniform.
“It was the best and most supportive atmosphere of the year from our campus at one of our football games, that I’ve seen,” said Journalism Advisor Dave Fanucchi, who was on hand to shoot pictures for the yearbook. “I know that the coaches of the football team, as well as all of the dancers and cheerleaders appreciated the support very much, and they enjoyed performing in front of everyone. I think the students had a great time as well.”