Maranan currently ranked as the Top Senior with highest GPA

David Fanucchi

Russell Maranan has the highest GPA among the Senior Class of 2017.

Dayana Rodriguez, Student Life Editor

The Top 10 Senior Students have worked hard to reach where they are. To be in the Top 10 of your class, you have to be a good student with great dedication. The number one student on the Top 10 list is currently Russell Maranan. Maranan has been taking small steps to his success since the eighth grade.

“My church mates told me that in order to become valedictorian, you had to be taking high school classes in middle school,” said Maranan. “But I still have done my best in all four years of high school.” Maranan has taken Pre-AP and AP classes that he believed he could handle.

“Some advice for the aspiring valedictorians, is that you should take all the most difficult classes you can to the extent where you don’t feel overwhelmed,” said Maranan.

Vania Jaime is also in the Top 10, currently ranking at number seven.

“It feels great to be in the Top 10. However, that doesn’t mean everything is accomplished. I’ve been working really hard, but I still have a long way to go,” said Jaime.

“It’s another one of my accomplishments and that makes me happy,” said Yesly Espinal, another student currently on the Top Ten Senior list in the Class of 2017 at Wisdom.

Congratulations to all of the senior students who are on track to graduate in May. Keep up the outstanding work!