Becoming an Athlete Could Increase Your Chances of Getting into College

There are many advantages to being involved in athletics in high school, those including the development of teamwork, perseverance, responsibility, commitment, time management, and personal and emotional health. What some athletes at Wisdom HS don’t know is that joining a sport can have a positive reflection on your GPA, raising the chance of getting into a good college.

When college admission counselors and coaches see a high school student who has performed well both academically and athletically, they can see an accomplished student athlete who will be well-prepared in higher education.

“The coaches and athletes recently met for a meeting and students learned how to talk to a collegiate coach,” said Coach Davis, one of our athletics teachers at Wisdom. “There were seven male and seven female athletes at the meeting who were football and basketball players, and the athletes also learned that they have to have a GPA of 2.03 or higher to get into a good college and develop an athletic career.”

Wisdom High School offers many college opportunities, and Coach Davis is helping students that play sports to reach their collegiate aspirations. When you have an interest in sports like football and basketball, Davis is the best person to come to talk to and seek for advice about college opportunities.

If you have any questions or concerns, contact Coach Davis or visit her in the big gym.